How can you make a difference in your community?
When you make individual contributions to United Way, your donation is an investment in the future of our community. Because of your investments, Lakes Area United Way is able to support fiscally sound, innovative, local non-profit programs that accomplish a lot.
$4 per pay period helps to protect 58 victims of domestic abuse
$12 per pay period delivers 124 free, high-quality books to childrenunder 5 years old, through Imagination Library
$25 per pay period helps 60 households out of crisis
- 23,528 new books delivered to children under 5 years old through Imagination Library program
- 3,215 volunteer hours logged through Get Connected
Make a Difference.
Lakes Area United Way provides local companies an opportunity to facilitate the donation process. Through the ease of payroll deductions, employees can make incremental donations from each paycheck which allows them to give back to their community without needing to write a larger check at the end of the year. It's easy, for both employers and employees.
How it works
What United Way does:
- Meets with employers to explain who we are and what we do, and answers any questions they may have
- Works with employers to provide all necessary information to employees and answers any questions necessary for employees to make informed decisions
- Assists your payroll department in any way possible to make giving simple for all who choose to contribute
- Provides opportunities for your employees in a no-pressure environment
- Respects your time and your environment.
What the company does:
- Allows United Way to provide information about United Way and donation forms to employees
- Provides an opportunity for payroll deductions as a way for employees to invest boldly in their community
To learn more about how your company can help support United Way, please contact Judy at 218-829-2619 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in hosting a larger scale campaign with fun events to engage your employees, we’re happy to assist with that as well. See our campaign idea book here for examples of additional activities: United Way Campaign Idea Book or download our calendar to find fun ways to inform, activate and support employees around each month's theme.
Interested in coordinating a campaign at your workplace? Find more information here.