2022-2023 Grant Application
When is the application due?
Feburary 28th at noon. No exceptions.
How do I send in the application?
Please send a pdf of the materials to email@example.com
What needs to be included in the application?
- Signed Application
- PDF or link to IRS form 990
- PDF copy of tax exempt status from State of Minnesota (MN Attorney General Letter)
- List of contact information, board members, and meeting frequency information
- Affidavit of compliance
- Copy of organization's equity statement or anti-discriminatory policy
Are there any changes to the grant?
Yes. 90% of grants will be funded at a minimum of $5,000; 10% will be funded at a minimum of $2,500. There is a limit of 2 program submissions per organization. We are also opening the grant application to programs serving Aitkin County, in addition to Crow Wing and Cass Counties.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Non-profit charitable, educational, civic, social welfare, or health service organization
- Operate under written documents or statutes that define the applicant's puposes, membership, management, and operations
- Operate on a non-discriminatory basis
- Operate in or provide services to residents of Crow Wing, Aitkin, or Cass Counties
- In operation minimum of 1 year from time of application
- Certify that all funds awarded will be used in complience with all applicable anti-terrorist financing and asset control legislation
- Funding must provide for services or activities that align with one or more of our priority areas:
- Financial Stability
If accepted, what are the grant awardees requirements?
- Programs must complete 5 hours of voluteering per program per year.
- All hours must be logged through our volunteer platform: Get Connected.
- Programs will be responsible for documenting required hours using Get Connected reports.
- Programs must submit program progress reports every 6 months demonstrating measurable impact of United Way grant dollars.
When the grant awardees be notified?
The United Way board will approve allocations no later than June 22nd. A press release will be distributed upon approval.